Part-time (10-20h) project manager for research projects – ideal for PhD students (m/f/d)
We are a young company specialising in project management of public-private research projects that are co-funded by the Horizon Europe initiative. As we anticipate new research projects and proposals over the next few months, we are looking for a new member to join our team!
This role is ideal for any young researchers who are keen to learn how large multi-stakeholder (EU-funded) research projects function. Through this role, you will gain familiarity and experience with research project management and proposal writing – skills immensely helpful for a career in academia as well as for those looking to explore fields outside of traditional scientific research.
While researchers handle most of the scientific aspects of the work, they are supported by a project management office (PMO) to achieve all the research project objectives.
What your role would entail:
• being an active part of the PMO for research projects; including grant management, project monitoring and reporting, and stakeholder management.
• handling dissemination and communication activities; including management of publications, drafting lay language summaries, newsletters, and social media posts.
• assistance with the financial aspects of the project; including budget monitoring, identifying deviations, ensure successful reporting.
• play a role in the proposal writing/management of new Horizon Europe research project calls.
What we expect:
• you are enrolled in an advanced study program, preferably pursuing your PhD in pharmacology, biomedicine, biology, or allied subjects.
• first experience in project management in any setting, ideally in research projects.
• enthusiasm for learning and taking charge of new tasks related to research project management.
• hands-on mentality, good self-management, and a keen sense of attention to detail.
• excellent writing and communication skills in English.
• familiarity with the MS Office suite
• 10-20 hours/week
• flexible working hours including possibility to work partially from home
• relaxed working atmosphere in the heart of Haidhausen
• start of work: ideally 1 September 2022
We look forward to your short application by 10 August 2022.
Steinbeißer Project Management UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Office: Steinstraße 44, 81677 Munich
carl [at] collaborate.eu